Public Works Superintendent
Responsible for maintenance and operations of City infrastructure, coordination with internal and external parties to execute work, interface with the public, and performing other duties as assigned.
• Provides team leadership and accountability outcomes for a staff of approximately 40 people.
• Coordinates responses to emergency situations and responds to after-hours calls.
• Assists in the preparation and supervision of the division’s budget as well as department policies and procedures.
• Develops and implements comprehensive training and safety programs for assigned work groups.
• Assists in the identification, development, assessment, and scheduling of Capital Improvement Projects.
• Assists in external department communications including promotion and education in the community.
• Ensures all environmental and safety regulations are followed.
Qualifications• High school diploma/GED accepted, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Seven (7) or more years of experience in a related field including five (5) years of supervisory experience.
• Familiarity with governing agency requirements is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience supervising and growing a team, evaluating performance, and working with labor relations.
• Strong technical skills with the ability to problem-solve and provide direction.
• Superior customer service both internal and external.
• Willing and able to learn new methods and technology to advance the department.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an attention to details and balancing multiple responsibilities.
Apply Here: https://city-of-blue-springs.breezy.hr/p/7b48a2227716-superintendent-public-works