The City of Overland Park has a full-time Fleet Superintendent position available in the Public Works Department.
Provides management oversight of the Department's comprehensive municipal fleet maintenance and repair program. Supervises the work and professional development of fleet maintenance staff. Plans and executes the repair and maintenance of assigned city vehicles. Develops recommended fleet management practices. Manages the collection of fleet data and inventory control of vehicle parts, work tools and equipment. Performs analytical assessment of fleet maintenance practices and replacement needs. Supervises the centralized operation of fuel and washing facilities for city vehicles. Prepares technical specifications and administers the purchasing of vehicles, operating supplies and services.
Effectively communicates and coordinates fleet section activities with internal and external customers. Participates in emergency management operations as required.
· Associate’s degree in business management, public administration, automotive technology, or related field required.
· Bachelor’s degree in business management, public administration, automotive technology or related field preferred.
· Five years of increasingly responsible experience in Fleet Management required, ten years preferred.
· 2 years of supervisory experience in the automotive/heavy equipment repair field; or an equivalent level of education and work experience.
· Experienced in the use and application of Microsoft Word and Excel products and/or the Google Suite products.
· Experience working in EnerGov software, Lucity and Crystal Report knowledge is preferred.
No City residency requirement.
Must successfully pass a background check, drug screen, physical exam and essential functions test.
Normal Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Mon. - Fri.
Salary Range: $84,297.67 - $ 105,372.09 / annually
Application Deadline: Open until filled
To view the full job description, please go to the City of Overland Park's Job Description page and search by title: Fleet Superintendent, Careers - City of Overland Park, Kansas (opkansas.org).