Inventory Control Clerk
The City of Overland Park has a full-time Inventory Control Clerk position available in the Public Works Department.
Assists in overseeing the warehousing and distribution of designated material goods are maintained to established inventory control levels. Performs routine inventory control tasks as assigned; Placing orders, making purchases, receiving and inspecting goods, distributing goods and re-stocking warehoused supplies.
Takes order requests and conducts research of available products and suppliers. Makes purchases and transacts payments to vendors in accordance to city purchasing policies. Where assigned, prepares bid specifications and administers bidding processes. Assists in overseeing received goods meet quality standards through inspections and where applicable, the administering of warranty claims and/or product returns.
Performs cycle counts and maintains accurate inventory records utilizing electronic programs such as Lucity work management software. Assists in the research of inventory control data such as; Material usage trends, expenditure projections and warehouse inventory histories. Keeps the warehouse and part rooms office clean and organized.
Participates in the snow program and where assigned, as a CDL snow plow driver.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s license (with tanker endorsement and no air brake restriction) within 6 months of hire.
- Must maintain an insurable driving record.
- Certification in inventory control, automotive parts specialists or supply chain professional preferred.
- Two years of inventory control experience, (stockroom, warehouse, automotive parts room, purchasing) and/ or an equivalent level of education and work experience preferred.
No City residency requirement.
Must successfully pass a background check, drug screen, physical exam and essential functions test.
Normal Work Hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
Salary Range: $17.26 - $21.57/hour Application Deadline: Open until filled Benefits: Full-time
To view the full job description, please go to the City of Overland Park's Job Description page and search by title: Inventory Control Clerk.