Street Lighting Technician
The City of Overland Park has a full-time Street Lighting Technician position available in the Public Works Department.
Performs field and shop maintenance on City owned street lights and related equipment. Performs maintenance activities to include; troubleshooting failures, replacing parts, repairing components and/or replacing light systems. Utilizes various specialized vehicles, equipment, and tools. Assists in the maintenance of electronic traffic signals. Participates in emergency operations, including snow removal, as required.
- High school education with additional, formal courses in basic electrical wiring, electronics, operation and repair of electrical systems or a combination of formal education and experience.
- An Associate’s degree in Electricity/Electronics preferred.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid drivers license.
- Must have and maintain a Class A commercial driver's license with air brake and tanker endorsements within 12 months of hire.
- Must maintain an insurable driving record.
- Must have the following certifications within 12 months of employment with the City:
- Certification in bucket truck and digger derrick operation.
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Signs and Markings I.
- IMSA Roadway Lighting.
- Two years experience in electrical repair of street lights or an equivalent level of experience.
No City residency requirement.
Must successfully pass a background check, drug screen, physical exam and essential functions test.
Normal Work Hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri. Salary Range: $22.31 - $27.88/hour
Application Deadline: June 9, 2022 Benefits: Full-time
To view the full job description, please go to the City of Overland Park's Job Description page and search by title: Street Lighting Technician.